Monday, September 12, 2011

It's been awhile...

Whenever I say that I have the fabulous song from Staind going through my head....




Anyway...
It has been way too long since I've sat down in front of the computer and written anything. I realized when I opened up the computer today that the last time I wrote - there was probably still snow on the ground! Now it is almost fall and I'm so excited because Autumn is my favorite season. I love everything about it. I love the leaves changing colors. I love baking bread and soups. I love the smell in the air. I love wearing sweaters. I could go on and on, but I won't bore you. Well, any more than I normally do!

I have spent the past 6 months being a nanny. It has been fun, crazy and trying at times. But it has become quite apparent to both myself and her parents that she really needs to be around kids her own age, so she is starting preschool. I am so happy for her because I know I gave her everything. She is 3 1/2, and can recognize all letters, and should start to read soon! She has begun looking at signs and lettering and reading out the letters. But she needs to be around other kids to learn how to socialize with other children - the give and take that is needed in life, as well as the structure that a school setting will provide for her. I will miss having a friend to play with, but this is the best thing for her.

As for me?
Well, there are a ton of things that I want to do. Write, knit, draw, paint, study... That's just a few of the things I would like to do! I also want to update this blog much more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment