Wednesday, February 24, 2010

In Memoriam...



It truly has been too long since I've sat at the computer, and written about some of the wonderful dishes that I have been cooking. Well, that last sentence makes it sound as though I've been doing nothing but whipping up terrific food, and that is not exactly accurate. Suffice it to say, in the past 2, almost 3 months since I've written, I have made a few wonderful dishes. But I haven't sat down to tell you about them, partly because I wonder if anyone really wants to hear about what I'm doing. But also because the last few months have been very difficult. We lost my mother-in-law, Joyce Hahn on January 18th. It has been more trying than we thought it would be. As most of you know, she had been ill for quite some time. We had not lived near her in the 14 years we have been married, so we are thankful that for the past 6 months we were able to have her near us, and spend as much time with her as we could.

Death is not easy, even when we know it is coming soon.

Unfortunately, this was not the end. On Monday, we woke up to find our oh-so much loved cat, Purrsilla in pain. 'Silla, otherwise known as the Queen of Fatness or Queen of the Catbox was 18, and had given us more love and laughs than I think we truly deserved. We had always told ourselves that we would not let our animals suffer. So, with many tears we said goodbye. She was my "Baby Love", my sweetness... and now I have a very big hole in my heart that is 'Silla shaped.


Soon after Joyce passed, we decided that we needed something to help fill the gap in our lives. I'm still not sure if we made the right decision, but Shaka Hahn is the newest addition to our family. I've never had a dog before.
Ever.



I love him, but I have come to the conclusion that I am still a cat person at heart!
Speaking of being a cat person, I'm not sure if Peter likes the new addition. But he is trying.
Sort of.

2 comments:

  1. I read, and I am so sorry for your losses. You seem to be making it through well, so I am sure things will start turning around soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lynn. I appreciate your friendship, and wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete